The Diesel Garage banner

6.0l Block Heater Installation manual

41K views 29 replies 30 participants last post by  heavyhaller 
#1 ·
Here is the manual to install the block heater cord.

Attachments

#2 ·
That is uper info PSDPlayer :Thumbup:

#6 ·
The heater element is on the passenger side of the engine block toward the back of engine near bell housing. Now if you have the plug it should be in the bumper to the left of the left fog light.

#9 ·
Factory install

When you order a truck from the factory, one of the options is to order the truck with a block heater. If I had not specified that I wanted the block heater, I do not know if they would have built the truck with or without the heater, and the cord. The option for my 06 was (41H) which was for $29.00 For that price I would think it was only for the cord.

#11 ·
2006copperPSD said:
The heater element is on the passenger side of the engine block toward the back of engine near bell housing. Now if you have the plug it should be in the bumper to the left of the left fog light.
This is correct. All 6.0L SD's should have the heating element installed. On you window sticker, you will see ENGINE BLOCK HEATER $35 -- or N/C-- in cold weather states. About $70.00 through Ford parts department. or go to http://www.powerstrokeshop.com/

how-to-install article: http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-20.php

#17 ·
PSDPlayer said:
Here is the manual to install the block heater cord.
Thanks. I have an 2003 with the factory heater, but I'm looking at trading it in on a 2006 that doesn't have one. Here in the Pacific NorthWest, I can't imagine who ordered a diesel truck without a heater, but they did.

:usflag

#20 ·
2006copperPSD said:
My plug is behind the bumper to the right of the RIGHT SIDE fog light. I believe that's where they all are. Certainly, that's what the instructions posted in this thread show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.